Wanted: CUSTOMER SUCCESS HERO (Work From Home Support Position)
Hi there. We are a small (growing fast) 7-Figure Online Publishing Company providing training, coaching and tools to real estate investors, seeking a part-time (and highly awesome) Customer “Success Hero” to help provide stellar support to our customers and members. If you’re interested, then please carefully read this entire page and follow the instructions for next steps…
Are You and This Position a Perfect Match?
Hmmmm, could be. Depends, does this sound like you?…
- You agree – It’s cool to work with a fun crew in a small biz, and be involved in helping its rapid growth.
- You work awesomely from home – You’re a solid self-starter, and the idea of a 100% remote work arrangement suits you just fine. You’re quite comfy self-managing much of your own organizational activity, workload and time.
- You’re naturally a “people person” – You organically come across as warm and friendly; empathy is kinda your middle name (perhaps literally).
- You’re self-reliant – You follow instructions well, but can also think for yourself and don’t always have to be told every little thing to do in detail.
- You’re an action taker and a finisher – Great at following-up and following-through to the end of a project or task, without needing someone to check in or watch over your shoulder.
- You’re conscientious – Naturally mindful (maybe even anal) about the details of a thing, and really need for things to be “done right”.
- You’re a can-do problem solver – Getting out in front of problems and proactively helping customers with potential troubles comes easily to you.
- You genuinely enjoy helping people – You’re authentically happy working one-on-one with customers, helping them “untangle” their situations and succeed awesomely with their shiny new toy (our products!).
- You’re not a Debbie Downer – You’re fun, energetic, positive, a skilled listener, and naturally play well with others.
- You’re maybe even a little nutty or weird – We have a unique culture (which you can read more about below). We’ve kinda mastered the art of not taking ourselves too seriously, while taking our business and customers very seriously. In other words, “characters welcome.”
If this sounds like you, then keep reading and read carefully…
What Does a “Customer Success Hero” Even Do?
Our Hero will work one-on-one with our awesome customers (from your own home) answering their questions, proactively solving problems, and helping them succeed. Some of this is “reactive” support, like responding to emails, phone calls and live chat on our website – while other aspects are “proactive”, like writing customer thank you notes for example, or making welcome calls to anyone who buys more than one product at a time from us.
Basically this person will be a front-line customer champion, not just “supporting” but going the extra mile to give people a great big “Wow!” experiences with us.
Yes! I already listed a bunch of them up top, but additionally to those already mentioned the right person for this will…
⟶ Know your way around a computer, the internet and using software in general.
⟶ Have super-high integrity, and a track record of being honest, dedicated and loyal.
⟶ Be extremely organized, with special attention to detail.
⟶ Be able to adapt and learn new things quickly, thoroughly, and in detail.
⟶ Be comfortable “failing forward” sometimes, and learning from mistakes along the way.
⟶ Have solid interpersonal skills, so extremely comfortable talking to and dealing with people.
The Remote Work Arrangement…
Since we don’t have a “storefront” or physical office, we all get to enjoy the rare benefits of a remote work lifestyle. Just about everything we do happens through the internet, email, Skype, mobile phones, etc, including weekly team meetings. So you need to be cool with that. We expect a lot from our small team, but as a result we’re very flexible with work times, vacation schedules and we love to cut up and have a lot of fun while getting awesome stuff done.
PS- This is also why the “self-starter” thing is so important. If you can’t organize yourself well, or the idea of not working around people in an office makes you feel sad, then this isn’t for you. Yes, as crazy as it may sound, our ideal “Hero” is someone who’s both (i) wired to sincerely enjoy helping people, and (ii) great with working from home without others physically around you.
Hours and Pay…
As mentioned, our Hero’s salary is negotiable (perhaps relative to experience), and starting hours are 20 per week, M-F. Specific hours can be flexible, but should be able to be consistent. We can work with you depending on your circumstances.
A Note from the President:
Hi, thanks for your interest. A few key things I want to personally share with you…
First, Regarding Our Culture: We have a fun and unique culture, and it’s important that we’re a fit for each other in this regard. Not everyone is, and that’s OK. We love to cut up and have fun together, while also very serious about serving our customers awesomely.
You should definitely get to know us a little more, including our values and what we stand for here: https://awesomerei.com/about <–MAKE SURE YOU REVIEW THIS BEFORE REACHING OUT TO US.
Second, Regarding This Position: Please understand, this role is sooooo much more important to us than simply having someone to handle calls and emails. Yes, answering questions and solving problems for our customers sells more products, reduces refunds, and increases profits. But more importantly, it’s a mission-critical aspect of our “people over profits” culture.
Having a warm, caring human being, personally taking care of our customers matters so much, because we’re real, live human beings ourselves, who think our customers are awesome, actually care about them and don’t mind in the least when they reach out to us. We truly get a charge out of helping them succeed.
Yep, that’s right. We’re like the anti-Comcast.
So if this juices you, and being able to do a job you love that involves helping other people succeed gives you the “warm fuzzies,” then I look forward to hearing from you.
How to Apply
If you think this is job is peanut butter and you’re jelly, then please email your resume along with a COVER LETTER to alexis(at)awesomerei.com. Please note that standard form letters will be simply discarded, so make it personal. Résumé blasts kill puppies.
No exceptions, you must include the following visibly labeled in your cover letter:
- Why Me: In 1-2 paragraphs, explain why you’re the ideal pick for this position—specifically, what makes you a real stand-out for this?
- Before: Concisely describe your previous experience in customer support, if any. If none up to now, then tell us what’s the closest thing to this that you’ve done up to now? Also, any experience(s) in real estate investing up to now? (totally not required, but we’d like to know.)
- “Those things that hurt, instruct”: What’s the toughest challenge you’ve ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it? What was your biggest lesson learned from it?
- What stood out to you the most when you read this page, and why?
- Reading: What are the last three books you’ve read?
- When Not Working: What do you do for fun?
- What/Why Now: Explain what you’re doing right now for a job…
- If you don’t have one, explain why.
- If you have one, explain why you’re looking elsewhere.
- Lastly, please also include a smiley face in the subject line of your email, like this : -) That’s your first test to see if you are good at following simple directions, and whether or not you even read this entire posting.
Feel free to offer any helpful details you think matter, but also be concise and make your letter as easy to digest as possible. I know we’re asking a lot here, but no novels please. There are only so many hours in the day, after all.
We look forward to hearing from you!